Wednesday 5 September 2018

A TRIBUTE FOR A SLAIN "PROSTITUTE"

I have seen the self righteous justify murder,
I have seen them blame the victim,
I have seen them say plainly she deserved to die, 
to be killed,
I have seen them kill her again,
I have seen them kill her a second time.

I have seen better Christians mock her morality,
I have seen them join the Pharisees 
and stone her for appalling immorality
I have seen them mock Jesus as he tells them, 
'let he who has never sinned throw the first stone.'

I have seen better parents,
parents who have raised better girls
say that it serves her right.
I have heard them hurl hurting epithets, 
utter derogatory names,
say mean things in the name of advising
the dead girl and others with ill manners like her.
The advice of cause excludes their children,
they only gave birth to spotless saints and angels,
well raised kids to be precise.
I have seen these pretenders and
remembered mercy.
I have heard them and remembered
the second thief on the cross,
I have remembered the words of Jesus,
tonight you shall sit with me in paradise.

I have seen girls and properly raised
women kill one of their own,
I have seen them shame her dead
vagina,
I have seen them call it names,
I have seen them accuse heri
illicitunborn child who will 
unfortunately never see the sun like
her mum too.
I need not ask like Jesus, 
'woman where are your accusers'
They are loud, violent and right, 
they are spotless, unquestionable, right and loud,
they are violent and formidable.
I have seen them laugh, jeer and sneer
at her wiped out bright future.

I have seen them speak in righteous anger,
I have seen them poke her forever
shut eyes with fingers of rage,
I have seen them blaming her for
dating a married man and I hear
his son too,
But I have heard none of them call
the men in question,
I have seen none of them blame
the married man for dating a young
girl.

How can they?
How can they when they are better
humans?
How can they when they are holier
women?
How can they when they have better
children?
How can they when they don't know
how it feels for your child to be 
murdered in cold blood?
How can they when they have never
been in those shoes?
How can they when they know it all?
How can they not be right when the
dead victim of circumstances is the
one totally wrong?
How can they when their, sons, husbands,
and daughters are angels?
How can they know?

No I will not blame them,
I will not blame them for being ignorant,
I will not blame them for being blunt,
I will not blame them for being cold,
I will not blame them for being stupid,
I will not blame them for being right,
I will not blame them for giving great
motherly advice to a dead and cold
thing,
I will not blame them,
I will not blame them for being heartless,
I will not blame them for being mean,
I will not blame them for being inhumane,
I will not blame them for being unchristian.
I will not because if I do I may vomit
and eat my own vomit.
Otherwise how can I make them see,
she did not deserve to die,
neither did the seed in her womb?

A tribute to a life cut short.

#themusingsofamadman
#thescreamingthoughtsofasilentpen
#Camistare2018

5 comments: