Thursday 30 August 2018

COULD YOU ALLOW ME PLEASE?

I have seen your pain,
I have known the battles you have fought,
I have seen your fresh wounds,
I have seen your healed permanent scars.
Some say they are ugly but in them,
I see marks won with grace and elegance.
I dare say,
"champions are never embarrassed of their scars."
You make me dare say thus
when I look at your beautiful scars,
marks of painful memories.

I have seen the broken pieces of your delicate heart,
I have seen the shredded pieces of your beautiful soul
and had a clear glimpse of the countless
fragments of your broken spirit.
I have had a glimpse of the hollowness within your soul,
the dark void I yearn to fill,
And countless times,
my heart has wept along,
my soul has mourned and mourned.

I have seen the droplets of hot painful tears in your eyes,
I have seen intense pain sear right through you.
I have heard silent conversations,
of past painful memories you would rather not talk about.
I have seen the salty marks, left behind by the tears
that dried before I saw them.
So, I now beg of you but for one thing,
Could you please allow me to hold you in my arms?

Could you allow me,
to offer you the healing balm of comfort?
Could you please let my sympathetic lips to kiss
away the salty tears in your eyes,
making rivers on your sweet cheeks?
Could you please,
let my open arms be a source of solace?

Could you please allow me,
Could you please allow me to protect you
in the warmth of my caring embrace?
I have seen you go through hell and walk out.
Could you please allow me,
to hold your hand and walk with you now?
I know you are strong,
and have always walked alone,
I see it in your gait, I notice it in your resolve,
yet still I dare to dream and yearn,
Could you allow me,
to get beneath your skin and share your pain?

Could you please allow me,
Could you please allow me to be the fragrance
of fresh roses you never had when hell knocked
on your door and spun your heavenly world,
 three hundred and sixty degrees?
I know I have asked you to allow me
to do more than one thing at this point,
But could you please allow me,
to put it all into one thing?

Could you please allow me?
Could you please allow me to love you
like no one ever loved you before?
Could you please allow me to love you
like you never knew love?
Could you please allow me to love you?
That's the one and only thing,
I actually wanted to ask you.
Could you please allow me to love you?
I shall be at your doorstep,
waiting for you to say Yes.

#YoursSmittenThePoet
#Camistare2018
#TheMusingsOfAMadMan
#TheScreamingThoughtsOfASilentPen

No comments:

Post a Comment