Friday 7 December 2018

A NOTE TO NYAKANO

Dear Jaber,

It's long since daddy said something to you,
But he has been saying a million things within him,
Even with just  the thought of you.
So in a twisted way these very thoughts refused
to be  a soliloquy inside daddy.

You radiate the sun itself,
You replicate the beauty of a full moon
on a clear night sky at Sidho in the vast Kano plains.
You remind me of stars on such a night,
and the stars remind me of your mother.
Memories, dreams, wishes, instances,
events and moments intertwined.

Nyar Yimbo,
You are the reason why the sky is blue,
I swear it's true for I see it when I look at you.
Dark clouds on my horizon,
they melt like ice somewhere in Lokichar
or magadi to total oblivion -
even just with the thought of you.

You are the reason why the earth spins on it's axis,
I mean it when I speak this.
I am trying to remember what life was
or rather how it was before you happened,
Before you appeared and took over every nook and cranny
 of my atmosphere.
What seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks , months and years
were before you appeared,
I swear I am blank like a plain printing paper.
The data must have been erased for all I remember,
is life after you came.
The past is a mist, a collection of empty spaces.

Yours Forever
The Poet

#Camistare2018
#ReflectionsOfThePoet
#TotoaBaba
#TheLoudThoughtsOfaSilentPen
#FatherhoodChronicles

No comments:

Post a Comment